It seems like every year Mother’s Day sneaks up on us, especially for husbands and children. We get so excited for the spring weather that April flies by and “surprise!”…. Mother’s Day is here and you find yourself with no gift. Forget about it being thoughtful, at that point you are in survival mode and go for the nearest thing you can find (and if you are in my house, this means the Amazon Wish List).
Spoil the women in your life with a thoughtful gift while supporting small businesses in Sun Prairie. Planning ahead is nice but not always realistic. Since everything listed is in Sun Prairie, I promise all of these gift ideas will beat your 2-day Amazon Prime package arrival.
This list is a combination of gifts you can wrap and give her on Mother’s Day, eat/drink together, and/or enjoy at a later date with a gift certificate. Pick one. Select a couple. Or go all in with the full list (we all know she deserves it). Whatever you choose, it’s sure to put a smile on her face and make her feel extra loved this year.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide for a Sun Prairie Mom*
- Caffeine: Start her day with a coffee and tasty scone from Beans N Cream. Bonus points: Give her a beautiful handmade mug by Finished by Fire.
- Relaxation: Massage gift certificate from Magical Therapies. (Packages available if you want to treat her all year long!)
- Wellness: Packages from Haumea and/or Running Diva Mom
- Food: Surprise her with a restaurant she’s never been to before in Sun Prairie so she can try something new. Grab delicious tacos for lunch at Abarrotes El Primo or Guimo’s. Then take it slower and dine in at Meze or Salvatore’s for dinner.
- Drinks: Take her out for a glass of wine at Cannery Wine Bar and Tasting Room and/or a locally brewed beer at Right Bauer. (Both places offer items to go too!)
Bonus Gift: Memories
Gift her a photography session so she can remember this moment for a lifetime. If she’s pregnant, go with a maternity and/or newborn session at Rachel Manzke Photography. Little baby at home? She would love a milestone session with Heather Beach Photography! And of course every woman wants full family pictures with her family. No matter the age of her “babies” be it 2 or 22, Kayla E. Photography has you covered.
* This gift guide can be used to show appreciation to any woman in your life be it your mom, wife, sister, daughter, aunt, BFF, neighbor, or a colleague. And there is no need to wait for Mother’s Day. Shopping local provides thoughtful and unique gifts for special occasions including birthdays, Christmas, baby showers, anniversaries, end of the year gifts for teachers, or any day that ends in Y.
Sun Prairie Business Details:
Owned and operated by Melissa Lombardi, a State of Wisconsin Licensed Massage Therapist. She specializes in Medical Massage, Deep-Tissue Massage, and Neuromuscular Massage.
748 Lois Dr, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Offers a holistic blend of community, education, health, and wellness, including: yoga, barre, strength classes, new mama and breastfeeding support groups, prenatal/postnatal education events, massage and acupuncture options.
908 Windsor Street, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Running Diva Mom
Jamie Adcock is a certified running coach and ACE certified personal trainer with a boutique fitness studio. She offers running groups and personal training for women, weight loss accountability groups, and fitness camps for kids.
1280 W Main St Suite 122, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Abarrotes El Primo
105 E Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Cannery Wine Bar and Tasting Room
Intimate charming wine bar and tasting room featuring 100 whiskeys, global wines, craft beer and other sought-after liquors.
212 E Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590